Easy microwave peppermint fudge that is simple to make and tastes fabulous!! Great Christmas dessert to make with semi sweet and white chocolate together.
Have you ever made, or thought of making easy microwave peppermint fudge??!! It’s a perfect treat for the holidays and pretty easy to make. Let us know what you think of this quick easy dessert recipe. 😉 (originally published 11/16)
All you need are a few ingredients and you don’t even need to use the stove to make it which makes it perfect for when you’re “baking” with kids.
Just use a microwave to make this Christmas fudge and in less than about 20 minutes it’s ready to enjoy! After you’ve tried this you must make our peppermint bark too!
Ok so it’s really chocolate peppermint fudge because it has a layer of semi sweet chips as well as white baking chips too. You can certainly adjust the amount of crushed candy canes you use. I love this fudge for this reason.
I like more of a hint so a few crushed peppermint candy canes are perfect but you can certainly put tons on top of the fudge if you’d rather.
This is seriously the easiest Christmas dessert of all times and will get you loads of compliments……
Milk chocolate is fine too but semi is my go to for just about everything. Get out a square baking dish and get started on the base chocolate mixture.
It is a type of sugar candy that typically is chocolate flavored, soft, and chewy. You can cook over medium heat stirring infrequently OR make microwave fudge like you see here.
It is not necessary. As long as it has set well when cooled it is fine to leave out at room temperature. It can be eaten up to 4 weeks after being made.
If you don’t have candies at all on hand, you could alternatively stir in peppermint extract into the white chocolate part. It will give you that peppermint flavor but not the crunchy texture on top (that I like).
We’ve made a variety of fun Christmas desserts on The Typical Mom like peppermint bark, Santa cupcakes, and others but this one is a new post for this year.
We love anything with a dash of peppermint and this peppermint fudge hits the spot! It’s ready in a short amount of time, break it apart and serve it on a pretty Christmas platter and you’re set!
This is what it looks like, we like a combo of milk and white chocolate for ours….
With a combination of semi-sweet chocolate as well as white chocolate it is a great duo with a peppermint punch.
Make as minty or subtle as you like.
Great Christmas dessert served when company comes over or just as a treat when it’s chilly outside.
Here is what you will need that you might not already have at home and the entire peppermint fudge recipe to read and print out too.
Microwave peppermint fudge
- White Wilton Melts – easier and smoother than using white chocolate chips I think
- Semi sweet chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk
- Candy canes or peppermint candies
- buy an extra bag and you can try melting peppermint candies into ornaments as well
- Coconut oil helps tremendously with melting and keeping chocolate smooth
You’ll want to have a prepared baking pan with parchment paper inside ready. It helps lift it out when done and slice into nice squares.
In this post I include a video showing you how to make it yourself at home. A visual is sometimes nice to pair with the printable recipe below.
If you’re looking for more holiday fun to keep the kiddos busy, print out this free Christmas word search too!
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Time needed: 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Pour both chocolates in separate bowls, and then half the condensed milk into each bowl.
Add 1/2 tsp. coconut oil to your chocolate chip bowl and 1/4 tsp. to your white chocolate bowl.
Smash about 3 candy canes until they are bits and have them ready to sprinkle once chocolate is melted.
Put into microwave for 1 minute at 50% power, stir, then in 30 sec. increments at 50% power stirring in between until semi sweet chips are smooth.
Mixture will be thick, and white chocolate will be more liquidy.
Put parchment paper into your square pan and spread semi sweet chocolate mixture inside, spread out evenly. It will be thick and fudgy.
Pour white chocolate on top and immediately sprinkle peppermint pcs. on top.
Refrigerate for 2 hours or until it is firm enough to cut into nice pcs.
Let us know what your friends and family think of it!
- Pour both chocolates in separate bowls, and then half the condensed milk into each bowl.
- Add 1/2 tsp. coconut oil to your chocolate chip bowl and 1/4 tsp. to your white chocolate bowl.
- Smash about 3 candy canes until they are bits and have them ready to sprinkle once chocolate is melted.
- Put into microwave for 1 minute at 50% power, stir, then in 30 sec. increments at 50% power stirring in between until semi sweet chips are smooth (will be thick) and white chocolate is smooth (will be more liquidy). * You need it to get hot enough to melt chips all the way or else it won't set up properly when it cools.
- Put parchment paper into your square pan and pour semi sweet chocolate inside and spread out evenly, it will be thick and fudgy.
- Pour white chocolate on top and immediately sprinkle peppermint pcs. on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until it is firm enough to cut into nice pcs.