Copycat Little Caesars Cheese Bread is a popular Italian side item from the popular pizza chain. Simple delicious snack or side dish like our Refrigerated Biscuit Pull Apart Bread but these baked breadsticks are stuffed and topped with melted cheeses and a savory garlic butter sauce.
Little Caesars breadsticks are easy to bake in the oven, in the air fryer or in the toaster oven at home. Using refrigerated dough you can throw these cheesy slices together and enjoy in about 15 minutes. Enjoy with pizza or just as a quick snack. (affiliate links present)
Copycat Little Caesars Cheese Bread
You could potentially make this Garlic Bread in Toaster Oven too if you had a larger size, or cut in half and bake in two batches. A great way to “bake” in a small space, apartment or hotel room for sure.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
If you wanted to make Air Fryer Garlic Bread you may be able to fit 3 slices or so. I would still place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom because it gets gooey all the way around and will be a bit messy. This method will yield more of a crispy nature to the sticks all the way around.
Little Caesars Italian Cheese Bread Recipe
This isn’t just served with pizza though y’all. I mean if you want something with chicken I would go with this baby too. If I am throwing out all of the calorie counts I’ll serve this with our Hot Dog Casserole for the ultimate feel good comfort meal.
- 1 roll crescent rolls slab without the perforations is preferred
- if yours are just press them together so it is one big piece and insides won’t leak out
- you can use refrigerated pizza dough
- you could use defrosted bread dough or frozen rolls, rolled out into one slab, thin would work but won’t be as light and flaky
- 1.5 c mozzarella cheese shredded
- Cheddar cheese shredded
- Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
- 4 tbsp butter, or half butter half olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
You can go way beyond just cheese on the top too though. Add pepperoni and even olives if you like to make a version of our Grilled Cheese Pizza Toast too y’all. Yeah, I know, I went there…. It is a fun dinner idea your kids can create on their own.
Little Caesars Cheese Bread Calories
We usually serve this with One Pot Lasagna Soup on Stove or spaghetti. There are nutritional facts listed below if you are interested in that. It is approximate since brands will vary in calories. This is not a low calorie food and honestly everything in moderation is my philosophy when it comes to eating in general.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl add the grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese, parsley flakes, garlic powder, and salt.
- Mix with a spoon. Set aside
- Add parchment paper to a baking sheet and lay out the crescent roll dough slab. On half the slab, coat with the ¾ of the cheese mixture.
- Fold the second half of the slab over the cheese and seal the edges on all sides.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut 6 long breadstick slices for easy pull apart after baking.
- Take the rest of the cheese mixture and sprinkle on top of the dough.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the cheese has melted and the dough is lightly golden browned.
- While in the oven, take a small bowl and add the melted butter, garlic, parsley and salt.
Mix well. When the baked cheese bread is out of the oven, use a pastry brush to coat the top with the butter mixture. Pull apart and enjoy! Made in about 20 minutes, the printable recipe card is below to keep on hand for you.
How to Make Little Caesars Cheese
Alternatives are here; if you wanted to make your own homemade from scratch you would have to wait for risen dough to make a homemade crescent sheet to begin with. I never seem to have time to go all the way with warm water, yeast and all that entails but if you insist then by all means go for it. Different cheese options would be;
Little Caesars Cheese Bread Sticks
Mozzarella is the classic choice for cheesy breadsticks with Italian seasoning. It melts beautifully and has a mild, creamy flavor that pairs well with various seasonings.
- Parmesan cheese either grated or shredded, with Italian spices adds a savory, salty kick to your bread. You can sprinkle it on top of the breadsticks before baking or mix it into the dough.
- Cheddar provides a sharp, bold flavor that can be a delicious addition to your sticks. It’s best when combined with other milder cheeses.
- Provolone cheese is known for its creamy texture and slightly tangy taste. It can complement mozzarella nicely in a blend.
- Fontina is a semi-soft cheese with a mild, nutty flavor. It melts well and can contribute to the overall creaminess of your side.
- Gouda offers a mild, slightly sweet taste and excellent melting properties. It can add a subtle smokiness to your bread sticks.
- Swiss has a nutty and slightly sweet flavor. It can be a unique addition to this dish, offering a different taste profile.
- Monterey Jack is known for its meltability and mild flavor. It’s a versatile cheese that pairs well with other varieties.
- Blue Cheese is great if you’re looking for a bold and tangy flavor, consider adding crumbled blue cheese sparingly to the top when it is done.
Gruyère has a slightly nutty and sweet taste. It melts beautifully and can be an excellent choice for gourmet-style cheesy garlic bread sticks.
Before you go I want you to sign up for my free newsletter!! You will get all my new recipes emailed to you a few times a week that will help with meal planning for the week.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page because we share all our new creations there every single day. And follow me on Pinterest for more inspirations! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Little Caesars Cheese Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a mixing bowl add the grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese, parsley flakes, garlic powder, and salt. Mix with a spoon. Set aside
- Add parchment paper to a baking sheet and lay out the crescent roll dough slab. On half the slab, coat with the ¾ of the cheese mixture. Fold the second half of the slab over the cheese and seal the edges on all sides.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut 6-8 long breadstick slices for easy pull apart after baking. Take the rest of the cheese mixture and sprinkle on top of the dough.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the cheese has melted and the dough is lightly browned. While in the oven, take a small bowl and add the melted butter, garlic, parsley and salt.
- Mix well. When the cheese bread is out of the oven, coat with the butter mixture. Pull apart and enjoy!