These mini turkey burger boats are the best appetizers! Packed with protein and fresh produce they are the perfect bite size for everyone, and healthy too.
Ok so these cute turkey burger boats are not just the perfect appetizer but we have them for dinner too and the kids LOVE them!! No forks necessary really, just pack them full of fresh veggies, burgers and this creamy Sriracha sauce. (originally published 5/17)
Turkey Taco Bowls
These are just delicious! We are always looking to eat healthier, and if it is quick that is an added plus for me because with three kids I really don’t have a lot of time for prep. You can buy these tortillas already shaped or this is how to make a taco salad bowl from scratch right at home.
Turkey burger boats
- A fun appetizer
Here is what you need to make this fun dinner or appetizer!
- Mini soft taco shell boats
- or for low carb you could make air fryer zucchini boats with the inners listed below instead
- Pre-cooked taco meat or diced up burger patties like you see here
- Cheese is a must for us
- After you heat these up together you can add cold toppings like:
Super simple right??
Of course you can pack in as many vegetables as you like. I added small pieces of avocado and onion this time, they are really versatile that way!
- You can chop up the burgers small and make them “tacos” too. That is fun.
- OR make air fryer ground beef and use that instead.
I cut them into small bite size pieces when they are cooked so they are easy to eat in our little turkey burger boats, or opt to make Instant Pot taco meat and use that.
Season it more if you wish but they’re pretty tasty as is. Of course pile high with toppings though!
Of course you can top with a squeeze of ketchup and mustard but really this creamy Sriracha sauce takes them to a whole new level and is so easy to make!
I do not like a lot of heat but this is perfect whether you’re serving these as a meal or an appetizer.
Turkey burger boats
You’re going to need the following items, toppings are just suggestions of course.
- Bubba Burger patties
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mini tortilla taco boats
- Serve in these paper food trays
And make this Sriracha sauce mixing these ingredients together:
- 1 tsp. sugar (if you want it sweet and spicy)
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Any meat you use makes it such a fun finger food for everyone in the family.
Turkey Burger Boats
- Either grill or put a bit of olive oil in a pan and cook on your stovetop for about 5 minutes on each side on medium heat.
- Prep your vegetables in small pieces so they fit into your mini tortilla boats.
- Cut your cooked turkey, veggie, or original Bubba Burger patties into small bite size pieces and lay them into your small boats with your vegetables.
- Mix together your mayonnaise, sriracha, white wine vinegar, paprika, and garlic salt together.
- Serve sauce on the side or spoon into small sandwich bag, cut edge off, and squeeze on top of each mini turkey burger boat. Enjoy!