Cheap nature crafts for kids using items you would find outdoors. Simple and cheap crafts using things you find on a hike or in the backyard.
My family loves to spend time hiking and exploring outside. Better yet if we can incorporate a few nature crafts into our afternoon the day really becomes fun. Here are a few fun nature crafts for kids using items you’d find outdoors, enjoy my friends. (originally published 5/16, affiliate links present)
Cheap Nature Crafts
You do not have to go to the craft store to buy fake feathers, sticks and string to make fun. Look out in your backyard and go on a walk to find all the materials you need for a fun afternoon with kids nowadays.
- Here are some nature paint brushes from Apple Green Cottage that look fun.
- They also have a fun post using rainbow pebbles for letters you can try!
- Artsy Momma uses sticks to make some fun toys!
- This camping iSpy and Bingo game is too cute and perfect for an afternoon, from The Jenny Evolution.
- Nature scavenger hunt list is a great camping game.
Free Crafts for Kids
You may be able to find all that you need outside really. I always suggest to make a plan on what you might like to create. Then go on a hike to see what you can find. What you might need to complete it may be in your home, if not then and only then should you open up your wallet!
- Red Ted Art made some cute shell crab magnets if you’re out and about on the beach.
- She also has a great beach driftwood and broken shell rattle idea.
- Here are some cute rock creatures made by Our Whimsical Days!
- Kitchen Floor Crafts made some cute turtles out of rocks too!
- Make bookmarks using pressed flowers, comes from Buggy and Buddy!
- We made ribbon wands the other weekend that were really fun and inexpensive.
- Using these wood slices you can make really cute necklaces too. (affiliate link)
Rock Crafts for Kids
And don’t forget those round jagged items you’re walking on either. I mean you can make so many cool and creative things with them. I wouldn’t overlook the excitement of skipping rocks on a pond or lake either, that is part of the fun and learning experience.
- Here are some wood slice necklaces from Crafting in the Rain, how cute!
- Here’s an amazing photo frame made out of twigs from Creative Homemaking.
- Here’s some nature tee dyed shirts from The Pinterested Parent.
- They also have an adorable acorn craft on their site too.
- Build volcanos out of rocks, from My Bright Firefly.
- Arty Crafty Kids has an amazing leaf chalk art activity to try.
- Here’s a petal sun catcher craft from Craftulate too.
- Mommy’s Bundle made a cute floating boat made of things found in nature.
- They also made some magical stick wands that are really pretty.
- Non Toy Gifts has an adorable bird feeder house that looks incredible.
- Here are some adorable bookmarks you can make with flowers and things outside from Uno Zwei Tutu.
- See Vanessa Craft made a cute nature walk terrarium!
- They also have some maple seed art for kid ideas on their site.
- And at Christmas time we made an ornament for the tree using pinecones!
If you like these ideas you should check out our post of hiking ideas for kids!
For more easy recipes and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook, sign up for my newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest!