Here are 12 of the best flavored popcorn recipes out there! Really easy recipes to make with caramel, peanut butter and other flavors on top of your favorite snack, popcorn! If you love sweet and salty treats these will make you think outside of the box when you bring your air popper out.
If you want to celebrate National Popcorn Day in January. Seriously, there is a day. Or maybe you’re just looking for some delicious flavored popcorn recipes to make to snack on. I have 12 of the best ones out there! (originally published 1/16, affiliate links present)
Dessert Popcorn Ideas
A variety is what you need so here are some sweet and some salty for you to enjoy and make! Enjoy my friends!
This is what you will need:
- An air popper !!-to make air popped popcorn
- Baking sheets
- At least one cup popcorn kernels
- A large bowl
- To make toppings
- A few tablespoons melted butter
- brown sugar
- corn syrup
- toasted coconut
- sesame oil
Start to think outside of the box with these really. I mean if you just want caramel corn, follow that recipe for drizzle but go a step further. Throw in other items you love to make it a bit salty too. Anything goes. You can dress it up in clear baggies with a ribbon to tie them up too. Great gift ideas for sure.
Now you can get started and choose which one you’d like to make. First you’ll want to make a batch of plain air popped popcorn.
Then either add popcorn and toss with ingredient toppings in a bowl. Or spread it out on cookie sheets and drizzle over the top. I think making kettle corn is easier in a bowl.
Flavored popcorn recipes
- We made peanut butter chocolate popcorn that was fantastic and super easy to do.
- Zebra popcorn is so good and Creme de la Crumb has a great recipe!
- Inspired by Charm has a great red velvet popcorn recipe.
- Especially in the Fall this pumpkin pie spice popcorn from Cooking Classy would be great.
- Potato chip pretzel caramel corn sounds to die for from Food Babbles!
I mean you can throw in the kitchen sink really. Once you have the drizzle you want there are all sorts of candies and salty snacks you can add. From raisins, to M and M candies to crushed pretzels and nuts. I mean give it a go and see which combination you love.
Oh wait but we have more dessert popcorn recipes to choose from y’all. We want everyone in your household to be happy so see if one of these is a go.
- FiveHeart Home makes some rosemary parmesan popcorn that is one of my favorite recipes.
- Well Worn Fork made some buffalo cheddar popcorn that I’ve never seen before.
- Pebbles & Piggytails made the cutest multicolored sugar popcorn that is perfect for parties!
- Try churro popcorn from Oh, Sweet Basil….I absolutely love churros!
- Lolly Jane made Thin Mint popcorn….ok I am sold!
- Speaking of Girl Scout cookies, Something Swanky made Samoas popcorn…eeeeek.
- Six Sisters Stuff made some great Muddy Buddy popcorn that is totally amazing.
Red white and blue popcorn for a patriotic theme.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉