Hard boiled eggs in toaster oven, cooking egg bites this way with bacon bits or no peel egg loaf is easy inside this countertop appliance. Plain or with diced vegetables you can bake toaster oven recipes like this all different ways in small batches.
Eggs are a versatile and nutritious staple in kitchens worldwide. While many people are accustomed to preparing on the stovetop, cooking eggs in toaster oven is a great alternative. From classic breakfast favorites to innovative recipes that showcase the convenience and flavor of this kitchen appliance. (affiliate links present)
Toaster Oven Eggs
These small appliances offer several advantages when it comes to cooking eggs. Especially if you only have 1-2 people in your household it is a nice way to get around heating up your whole house just for one dish.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
- Toaster ovens heat up quickly and maintain a consistent temperature, making them an efficient choice for preparing eggs.
- The even heating ensures that your eggs cook evenly, reducing the risk of overcooking or undercooking.
- From baking and broiling to toasting and roasting, they can handle a variety of cooking methods, allowing for diverse egg preparations.
- They take up less counter space than traditional ovens, making them a practical choice for smaller kitchens.
You will want an oven safe dish or cups to use inside this if you are using anything other than just the rack. This comes typically with one that is solid and another rack that is like the oven with slats in it, you want that so whole ones don’t roll around.
How to Cook Eggs in a Toaster Oven
Before we delve into specific recipes, let’s explore some fundamental techniques for cooking eggs in a toaster oven:
- Always preheat for 5 minutes to the desired temperature before cooking eggs. This ensures consistent results.
- Use oven safe dishes, silicone muffin cups or pans when cooking in a toaster oven. Glass or ceramic dishes work well and are easy to clean.
- Grease your cookware lightly with oil or non-stick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Season your eggs with salt, pepper, herbs, or spices to enhance their flavor.
- Keep a close eye on them to avoid overcooking. Remember that they will continue to cook for a short time after removal from the oven due to residual heat.
Of course if you want the yolks to be looser How Long to Cook Soft Boiled Eggs will get done by just decreasing the timing by a few minutes is all.
Hard-Boiled Eggs in Toaster Oven
Preheat the toaster oven to 325 degrees F. Place directly on the oven rack so they don’t roll around. You can also cook Eggs in a Cup or ramekin cracked inside as well which doesn’t take as long for a shell free perfect hard boiled egg. Bake for 25 minutes for medium and 30 minutes cook time for firmer. Remove from the oven and transfer to ice bath for easy to peel.
Toaster Oven Egg Recipes
Now you could make hard boiled and after cooling you can make lots of things from there. Mash to make egg salad sandwiches, or fill the middles all different ways. Colored Deviled Eggs are probably our favorite snacks or appetizers with kids around.
- Baked No Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
- Eggs, butter, salt, pepper, herbs (optional).
- Preheat the toaster oven to 350°F. Grease an oven-safe dish with butter. Crack eggs into the dish, season with salt, pepper, and herbs. Bake until the whites are set but the yolks remain slightly runny, cooking process will take about 10-12 minutes for sunny-side-up
- or 12-15 minutes for over-easy style eggs in the oven this way
- Add toppings like cheese, sautéed vegetables, or cooked bacon for extra flavor.
- Toaster Oven Egg McMuffins
- Eggs, milk, salt, pepper, vegetables, cheese (optional).
- Preheat the toaster oven to 375°F. Use sprayed silicone muffin tin cups or ramekins. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper – or just crack inside and sprinkle. Bake for 5-8 minutes or until the egg muffins are set and slightly puffed.
- OR set both on the rack and set to toast setting on dark setting for 1 rotation
You can set a split english muffins on the same tray to toast until crispy, or make Garlic Bread in Toaster Oven . Set a slice of Kraft cheese on top to melt if you like too, then serve with this inside the 2 slices.
Egg Recipes for One
Eggs are not limited to breakfast; they make for satisfying meals at any time of the day. Here are some toaster oven egg recipes that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner:
- Eggplant Parmesan
- Eggplant slices, eggs, breadcrumbs, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 375° F. Dip eggplant slices in beaten eggs, coat with breadcrumbs, and arrange them on a baking sheet. Bake until they’re crispy and browned, about 20-25 minutes. Layer eggplant slices with marinara sauce and cheese. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Baked Avocado and Egg
- Avocado, eggs, salt, pepper, herbs (optional).
- Preheat the toaster oven to 375°F. Slice an avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop out a small portion of the flesh. Place each half in a piece of foil. Crack an egg into each avocado half. Season with salt, pepper, and herbs. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your desired doneness.
Cooking eggs in a toaster oven is a versatile and convenient way to enjoy this nutritious and delicious ingredient. Whether you’re preparing classic breakfast dishes like baked eggs or branching out into casseroles, you’re in for a treat.
Before you go I want you to sign up for my free newsletter!! You will get all my new recipes emailed to you a few times a week that will help with meal planning for the week.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page because we share all our new creations there every single day. And follow me on Pinterest for more inspirations! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Eggs in Toaster Oven
- No Peel Hard Boiled Eggs – Preheat toaster oven to 375 degrees F for 5 minutes. Spray inside of small casserole oven safe dish with non stick spray. Crack 4-6 eggs into dish (can scramble if you'd like), don't fill above 3/4 of way full. Can sprinkle in any seasonings of choice and/or precooked bacon bits. Set on lowest rack and bake for 12-15 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are as firm as you'd like them to be. Turn off, allow to sit in machine for 2 minutes while it is off and then serve.
- Toaster Oven Hard Boiled Eggs – Preheat the toaster oven to 325° F for 5 minutes. Place eggs directly on the oven rack with slots so they don't roll around, or inside ramekins, on bottom shelf. Bake for 30 minutes for hard-boiled eggs. Immediately submerge into a bowl of ice water for 15 minutes, then crack all the way around gently and peel off shells.
- Toaster Oven Egg McMuffins – Split english muffin in half and butter them if desired. Set on rack on one side. Use oven safe silicone muffin cup or a ramekin to crack egg into with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Set on rack next to bread. Close front and hit toast moved to the darkest setting so it cooks the longest possible. Check to see if egg is as done as you'd like and tops are crispy to your liking. Combine the two and enjoy.