These easy homemade granola bars are delicious and super chewy! Packed with oats, coconuts and a bit of chocolate they’re great for breakfast or a snack!
If your house is anything like ours it is busy this time of year! School has started, or is about to begin, and you’re thinking of easy meals you can put together that are wholesome and will keep you and the little ones going throughout the day. These easy homemade granola bars are a great breakfast or on the go snack you can try! Made with just 5 ingredients, and an option to load it with more goodies if you want to, they are really tasty and stick with you! This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Seattle’s Best Coffee. All opinions are 100% mine.
Here is what you will need to get started:
- Sweetened coconut flakes
- Peanut butter
Optional add ins that are really delicious:
- Mini chocolate chips
- Dried cranberries
Let me tell you just how easy these are to make! I use what I have in the house and the more you pack in the yummier they are! We love dried cranberries, raisins, and mini chocolate chips but if you want to omit one or add in some nuts it is totally up to you!
Customize this great on the go breakfast or snack to your liking….that’s so my style! You literally throw everything together, stir it up, press it into a 8×8 pan, refrigerate, and when you’re ready cut ’em up and enjoy! Perfect for our busy days…..you can find the entire recipe (and more fun back-to-school goodies) here at the Best Day List!
These easy homemade granola bars aren’t just for the kids though, they’re a perfect bite in the morning with my coffee when I’m getting ready to start my busy day! Kept in the refrigerator they stay fresh for over a week but usually don’t last that long. Just cut them into bars or small bites and leave them in a plastic container or your 8×8 pan and let your kids grab them in the morning or after school while they’re doing their homework.
They’re a great bite that sticks with you with the peanut butter, flaxseed (they’ll never know this is in there, but great for them), and goodies I pack in there. You can find this recipe, others, and free printables great for back-to-school at the Best Day List here, and don’t forget your coupon for coffee when you head to the store to get the ingredients for these easy homemade granola bars and some get up and go from Seattle’s Best Coffee® too. 😉
Let’s talk about the first days of school and how I make things a bit easier shall we……..
Easy Homemade Granola Bars
- 1/2 c mini chocolate chips
- 1 c old fashioned oats
- 1 c sweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 c peanut butter creamy
- 1/2 c ground flaxseed
- 1/3 c honey
- 1/2 c dried cranberries optional
- Mix together all the above ingredients into one bowl well.
- Use an 8x8 pan and spray with non stick spray.
- Use a piece of parchment paper to gently press mixture into pan so it's the same thickness all the way across.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into small bite size pieces or bars and enjoy. Keep remaining bars in pan inside fridge and enjoy all week long!
I have three busy girls in two different schools and work full time. I MUST be on my game and full of energy in order to get things done and not forget anyone (yes, I have been guilty of that when my oldest was in Kindergarten). Here’s what I do to keep organized and get all of us ready for our busy days:
- Make quick breakfasts and snacks ahead of time like these homemade granola bars and keep them ready to go in the fridge
- Have a designated shoe bin so there are no last minute “I can’t find the other one” moments
- Have the girls pick out their outfits the night before
- Make lunches the night before and have them ready in the fridge for them to grab
- Gave everyone a chore for cleaning so I can focus on my work the next day
- Everyone has a tote bag with their name on it. On their activity days they put the outfit and items they need in that bag and put it in the car in the morning
- I wake up 15 minutes before they do to just sit and enjoy the smooth taste of Seattle’s Best Coffee® and breakfast in the morning…to get me ready to GO
Yes we still have an occasional “I forgot something” but this list has definitely minimized them and made my busy life a lot easier. What do you do to get yourself going in the morning???