These easy homemade granola bars are delicious and super chewy! Packed with oats, coconuts and a bit of chocolate we will show you how to make a granola bar that is great for breakfast or a snack!
If your house is anything like ours it is busy this time of year! School has started, or is about to begin, and you’re thinking of easy meals you can put together that are wholesome and will keep you and the little ones going throughout the day. These easy homemade granola bars are a great breakfast or on the go snack you can try! Made with just 5 ingredients, we thank Seattle’s Best Coffee for sponsoring this post. (affiliate links present, originally published 8/17)
Homemade Granola Bar Ingredients
- Sweetened coconut flakes
- Peanut butter
Optional add ins that are really delicious:
- Mini chocolate chips
- Dried cranberries
How do You Make a Granola Bar
Homemade Chewy Granola Bars
Let me tell you just how easy these are to make! I use what I have in the house and the more you pack in the yummier they are! We love dried cranberries, raisins, and mini chocolate chips but if you want to omit one or add in some nuts it is totally up to you!
Customize this great on the go breakfast or snack to your liking….that’s so my style! You literally throw everything together, stir it up, press it into a 8×8 pan.
Refrigerate, and when you’re ready cut ’em up and enjoy! Perfect for our busy days…..you can find the entire recipe (and more fun back-to-school goodies) here at the Best Day List!
Peanut Butter Granola Bar Recipe
These easy homemade granola bars aren’t just for the kids though, they’re a perfect bite in the morning with my coffee when I’m getting ready to start my busy day! Kept in the refrigerator they stay fresh for over a week but usually don’t last that long.
Just cut them into bars or small bites and leave them in a plastic container or your 8×8 pan and let your kids grab them in the morning or after school while they’re doing their homework.
They’re a great bite that sticks with you with the peanut butter, flaxseed (they’ll never know this is in there, but great for them), and goodies I pack in there.
You can find this recipe, others, and free printables great for back-to-school at the Best Day List here, and don’t forget your coupon for coffee when you head to the store to get the ingredients for these easy homemade granola bars and some get up and go from Seattle’s Best Coffee® too. 😉
How to Make Granola Bars Stick Together
Honey will do the trick for a binder in this case. The more you chill them the less likely they are to fall apart. Keep them in the fridge always. Let’s talk about the first days of school and how I make things a bit easier shall we. Here’s what I do to keep organized and get all of us ready for our busy days:
- Make quick breakfasts and snacks ahead of time like these homemade granola bars and keep them ready to go in the fridge
- Have a designated shoe bin so there are no last minute “I can’t find the other one” moments
- Have the girls pick out their outfits the night before
- Make lunches the night before and have them ready in the fridge for them to grab
- Gave everyone a chore for cleaning so I can focus on my work the next day
- Everyone has a tote bag with their name on it. On their activity days they put the outfit and items they need in that bag and put it in the car in the morning
- I wake up 15 minutes before they do to just sit and enjoy the smooth taste of Seattle’s Best Coffee® and breakfast in the morning…to get me ready to GO
Yes we still have an occasional “I forgot something” but this list has definitely minimized them and made my busy life a lot easier. What do you do to get yourself going in the morning???
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Easy Homemade Granola Bars
- 1/2 c mini chocolate chips
- 1 c old fashioned oats
- 1 c sweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 c peanut butter creamy
- 1/2 c ground flaxseed
- 1/3 c honey
- 1/2 c dried cranberries optional
- Mix together all the above ingredients into one bowl well.
- Use an 8×8 pan and spray with non stick spray.
- Use a piece of parchment paper to gently press mixture into pan so it’s the same thickness all the way across.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into small bite size pieces or bars and enjoy. Keep remaining bars in pan inside fridge and enjoy all week long!
Thursday 24th of August 2017
While I love the premise behind these granola bars I can not spot any amounts or directions. :( Very disappointing.
Monday 20th of February 2023
@Tia, the instructions are there Instructions Mix together all the above ingredients into one bowl well. Use an 8×8 pan and spray with non stick spray. Use a piece of parchment paper to gently press mixture into pan so it’s the same thickness all the way across. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into small bite size pieces or bars and enjoy. Keep remaining bars in pan inside fridge and enjoy all week long!
Saturday 16th of November 2019
Not sure if you’ve had a chance to check this again, but this is what I see when I’m reading the post. HTH! 1/2 c mini chocolate chips 1 c old fashioned oats 1 c sweetened shredded coconut flakes 1/2 c peanut butter creamy 1/2 c ground flaxseed 1/3 c honey 1/2 c dried cranberries optional