Creamy pasta salad that’s a great side dish for any bbq or potluck. Simple creamy parmesan pasta salad recipe you can load up with anything.
It is almost summer and what that means to us is grilling and lots of yummy side dishes to go along with your meats. We have several that are super easy side dishes to throw together, and this creamy pasta salad recipe is one of them! Loaded with parmesan goodness and it’s really pretty too. Here’s how you make creamy parmesan pasta salad….that’s a mouthful!
Super yum right??!!
I love having a few easy side dish recipes ready when we are invited over for a potluck, BBQ, or we are having people over…after all it’s all about all the different goodies when you get together right! When it comes down to it though it has to be EASY and things I usually already have in my fridge or are easy to grab and go at the store.
Here is what you need to make this creamy pasta salad
- Pasta – any shape you really want
- Red pepper
- Hard boiled egg
- Parmesan cheese
You really could use just about any fork sized noodle like bow tie or otherwise but we will use penne for now. Of course with any pasta salad you can also add as many yummy add ins you’d like or just make it really simple, your choice.
- Like I said you could add even more to this loaded pasta salad. Lots of bacon bits, mushrooms, olives, anything else you can think of would be great!
It’s nice to have a few easy side dish recipes ready for when it’s time for a BBQ or otherwise. If you love this creamy pasta salad recipe try this:
- simple potato salad
- a fresh favorite of ours is this kale strawberry salad, that’s great during the Summer too!
- Our pickle pasta salad gets people going for sure
Here’s the entire recipe as seen here, just omit anything you’d like. 😉
Creamy pasta salad
- 12 oz penne pasta cooked
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1 tsp each:
- Garlic Powder
- onion powder
- 1 hard boiled egg peeled and diced
- 1 small red pepper diced
- 1/4 small onion diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 10 pepperoni slices quartered
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese as fresh as possible
- 1 piece fresh parsley or 1 tsp. dried
- Boil noodles. Combine mayonnaise, seasonings and egg. Mix until creamy. Add the diced vegetables, pasta, pepperoni and grated parmesan. Mix well. Add salt to taste. Top with chopped fresh parsley.
- Can store covered in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉