These are the best stocking stuffers for kids of all ages that are cheap and unique. Boy and Girl stocking stuffer ideas that are just a few bucks are the best.
I don’t know about your kids, but running downstairs to find the little trinkets in their stockings is sometimes as much fun as the ones under the tree! So now that you’re overwhelmed with the holiday crowds at the mall, and need some of the best stocking stuffers for kids you can order online or find at your local Dollar Store! I am always looking for cheap stuff so I can fill it full! (originally published 12/14)
- First before we start talking about stocking stuffers I want you to make The Night Before Christmas Box for your kids this year!! Have you done this yet???
If you’ve never done it it is a great tradition that you’ll wan to keep going throughout their childhood…okay….
I will break down the best stocking stuffers for kids according to age
I have 3 girls and when they were younger I bought very different gifts for girls because a toddler is much different than a teen, you know what I mean. Now that they are all 10-17 I buy 3 of everything for the most part (helps that they’re all girls) since they love all the same things now and I don’t have to worry about potential choking hazards.
Of course every child is different so I have a long list of stocking stuffer ideas for kids here, and many link to where you can order it online so you don’t even have to leave your house….my kind of Christmas shopping…NO crowds!
Stocking stuffers for toddlers
- Bubble bath
- Bathtub crayons
- Cute socks
- Keys, teether
- Sugar free lollipops
- If you have multiple children you can open and divide the pack up so it’s overall super cheap
- Character band-aids
- Board book
- Character spoon and fork set
- New sippy cup
Before I order everything online I always hit the Dollar Store and stock up on everything I can use as stocking stuffers there.
I put that bag at the top of my closet to bring down the night before Christmas, and then I order everything else online and put the box full of these goodies in my closet too.
Then I’m done, I usually do this at the beginning of December but I have done it literally the week before Christmas and with 2 day shipping everything worked out great too!
Best stocking stuffers for kids
- Plastic harmonica
- Honestly all ages get a kick out of these, come in a pack so throw in everyone’s stocking for fun.
- Mini box of cereal
- Stickers – especially scratch n’ sniff
- Their own tape dispenser
- Roll of ribbon
- Candy bracelets/necklace
- Stretchy bugs/critters
- Silly straws
- Glow sticks/flashing rings
- Wax teeth
- Toy block tape
- Cupcake Lip glosses
- Mini nail polish (inexpensive and good choices of kid colors at Walmart)
- Fruit snacks (large box at Costco, save rest for school lunches)
- McDonald’s happy meal toys
- Matchbox cars
- Slap bracelet
- Slinky glasses
- Crayola Model Magic packs (Staples or Michael’s-use 40% off coupon)
- Mini Lego sets
- Food shaped erasers
- Glow in the dark stars and planets
- Bean bags
- Dress up jewelry
- Earrings (stick on if not pierced-Claire’s is cheap for both)
- Travel game
- Webkinz or other small stuffed animal
- Small notepad
- Silly socks
- Plastic slinky
- Coloring Book
- Silly putty
- Can of silly string
- Animal sponge capsules
- Expandable t-shirt, towel or washcloth
- Glue sticks
- Watercolor paints
- Origami paper
- Disposable camera
- A small ornament to hang on the tree
- Smencils (scented pencils – these are not cheap, but kids love them – about $3.50 for a 5 pack)
- Slime kit – has green and red you’d need to make this Christmas slime or any other type of slime
If you have a kid who loves slime we have a bunch of the best way to make slime recipes on our site, you can go all out under the tree if they’re obsessed.
For slime lovers just wrap up under the tree:
- A huge jug of glue
- The most complete slime kit kids love
- Small foldable table – so they can make their slime outside!!
A few of these items are a bit more than $5 once they get older but I did my best finding the best stocking stuffers for kids that my children suggested. 😉
Teenager stocking stuffers
- Personalized necklaces
- USB Flash drive
- iTunes gift card
- Stretchy book covers
- Cell phone cover
- Embroidery thread for friendship bracelets
- Beef jerky
- Lanyard (to make keychains & bracelets)
- Funky pens
- Gel pens and black paper
- Nail polish in funky colors
- Manicure set
- Lanyard for keys
- Wallet (always put at least a penny or it’s bad luck…he he)
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉