Slow cooker shredded chicken recipe that is great served on top rice or for shredded chicken tacos too! Easy to do and tasty.
- Of course you can serve this cuban style shredded chicken however you’d like, but using it in tacos is amazing!!
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
Then you’re ready to serve it once you get home…easy meal idea!
Crockpot meals area ll about dump it all in and go, that is my philosophy anyway!
So to make this slow cooker shredded chicken recipe you will need spices, chicken, some veggies and a few cans of tomato items I am sure you already have in your pantry.
Slow cooker shredded chicken
- Chicken – boneless skinless breasts
- Chicken broth
- Corn – frozen
- Red peppers
- Diced tomatoes
- Tomato sauce
This recipe was adapted from one in Better Homes and Garden’s cookbook called skinny slow cooker with a few revisions.
It is quite a healthy crockpot recipe that the whole family will enjoy. It stays great sitting on warm for hours and is filling too.
This and creamy Crockpot chicken is perfect for company or to serve during the big game.
- Throw it in this portable crockpot and take it to someone else’s house too for a potluck 😉
- Or stuff our air fryer flautas with it for Cinco de Mayo.
If you love this cuban style slow cooker shredded chicken taco recipe you will love our 3 ingredient bbq sweet chicken tacos too cooked in the crockpot. Another favorite for taco Tuesdays!!
- Want to try Crockpot bbq beef too? Try this one!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Slow cooker shredded chicken
- 2 red peppers chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 3-4 chicken breasts boneless
- 1 c corn frozen
- ½ c chicken broth
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 lime optional, juiced
- 10 oz diced tomatoes
- 4 oz tomato sauce
- Cooked white rice for the side optional
- Tortillas optional
- ¼ c of pitted green olives optional
- Add chopped veggies to bottom of crockpot, put chicken over vegetables. In a bowl combine the rest of your ingredients except for the lime juice and mix together.
- Pour that bowl of contents over the chicken in your slow cooker and cook on low 5-6 hrs or high for 3-4 hrs.
- A bit before serving shred chicken inside crockpot, cover and absorb juices while you’re cooking rice and/or warming tortillas. Serve.