Slow cooker shredded chicken recipe that is great served on top rice or for shredded chicken tacos too! Easy to do and tasty.
Ok so we are all about easy slow cooker recipes here at The Typical Mom. If you’re super busy like we are and are looking for something new to throw into your crockpot this week stay tuned, we have new recipes each week like this slow cooker shredded chicken recipe. You’ve got to try this one soon!
- Of course you can serve this cuban style shredded chicken however you’d like, but using it in tacos is amazing!!
It cooks all day by itself so all you need is to warm a few tortillas and add a bit of cheese on top if you like and you’re ready to serve it once you get home…easy meal idea!
Crockpot meals area ll about dump it all in and go, that is my philosophy anyway! So to make this slow cooker shredded chicken recipe you will need spices, chicken, some veggies and a few cans of tomato items I am sure you already have in your pantry.
Slow cooker shredded chicken
- Chicken – boneless skinless breasts
- Chicken broth
- Corn – frozen
- Red peppers
- Diced tomatoes
- Tomato sauce
This recipe was adapted from one in Better Homes and Garden’s cookbook called skinny slow cooker with a few revisions. It is quite a healthy crockpot recipe that the whole family will enjoy. It stays great sitting on warm for hours and is filling too.
This and creamy Crockpot chicken is perfect for company or to serve during the big game.
- Throw it in this portable crockpot and take it to someone else’s house too for a potluck 😉
If you love this cuban style slow cooker shredded chicken taco recipe you will love our 3 ingredient bbq sweet chicken tacos too cooked in the crockpot. Another favorite for taco Tuesdays!!
- Want to try Crockpot bbq beef too? Try this one!
If you want to try making boiled shredded chicken on the stovetop, you can use that method too.
Slow cooker shredded chicken
- 2 red peppers chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 3-4 chicken breasts boneless
- 1 c corn frozen
- ½ c chicken broth
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 lime optional, juiced
- 10 oz diced tomatoes
- 4 oz tomato sauce
- Cooked white rice for the side optional
- Tortillas optional
- ¼ c of pitted green olives optional
- Add chopped veggies to bottom of crockpot, put chicken over vegetables. In a bowl combine the rest of your ingredients except for the lime juice and mix together.
- Pour that bowl of contents over the chicken in your slow cooker and cook on low 5-6 hrs or high for 3-4 hrs.
- A bit before serving shred chicken inside crockpot, cover and absorb juices while you're cooking rice and/or warming tortillas. Serve.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉