Here’s an easy homemade biscotti recipe that is perfect with coffee or a mug of homemade hot chocolate during the holidays! Sweet and simple to make.
When the holidays near we love to have people over, or just chill out at home together and have movie nights (or weekends). Making a picnic upstairs in the loft with hot chocolate and a few pieces of homemade biscotti drizzled with chocolate is the perfect treat. They’re great with coffee too! (originally published 12/17)
- Of course you can use good ol’ packets to make your favorite drink but do you know how to make homemade hot chocolate? It is really a lot easier than you probably think. Just a few ingredients and it is so much better than store bought.
If you are having company over the best way to do it is to make 2 batches, one that is spiked for the adults and one traditional batch.
Pour them into a few crockpots to keep warm all day long with a side of this chocolatey homemade biscotti recipe and coffee and you’ll be set for the morning and early afternoon…perfect on Christmas morning.
Like I said for the dough you only need a few ingredients and then when you’re done and they’re cooling you can drizzle them with chocolate or a bit of caramel to add sweetness.
Most of the items I am sure you already have in your pantry so it is perfect to throw together in case you need to bring something or are last minute in planning your get together.
This is what you need to make homemade biscotti:
Don’t they look good?? If you’ve had packaged biscotti there is no comparison, plus you can put whatever you want on top and they are super fresh.
I love having brunch because you can set out things like this, a few drinks, and sweet breads like our pumpkin banana bread recipe and everyone can graze all day long on the goodies.
Holidays are all about snacking, sweets, and baking together.
If you love being in the kitchen with your kids this is a great simple dessert you can make together. Pair it with a cup of Dalgona whipped coffee and enjoy.
Serving it with ice cream is really yummy too according to my girls. They can use it as an edible spoon to scoop up some ice cream, and they love it with a warm cup of hot cocoa.
Give it a whirl!
- Mix together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and spices.
- IN another bowl whisk sugar and eggs for 2-3 minutes
- Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix together.
- Leave dough for 5 minutes to rise a bit.
- Cut dough in half.
- Form each half into long logs with your hands, slightly wet your hands to avoid sticking.
- Put on baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Take out and allow to cool.
- Use a knife to slice diagonally to create biscotti pcs.
- Put sliced pcs. back into the oven for another 20 minutes so they can harden.
- Can drizzle melted chocolate over when done if desired. Keep in air sealed bag to keep fresh up to a week.