Inexpensive and easy family movie night ideas at home! Save money and have a cheap movie night at home this weekend. Here are some snacks, tips and our Disney originals movie list to choose something fun!
We really enjoy movies! Going to the theater is out of the question most of the time because at almost $11.00 per person that just isn’t in our budget. Here are some fun family movie night ideas we do instead though! Sponsored by Dijorno. (full printable link for above image below, originally published 6/15, affiliate links present)
Movie Night Ideas at Home
- First things first we decide on a family friendly Christmas movie. Then we decide what’s for dinner.
Most of the time it is a unanimous “PIZZA” when asked what we should have. Since that is one of my favorite foods too I’m always game for that suggestion! 😉
Tonight we chose 2 DiGiorno pizzeria! We like the thin variety. They’re great because there’s lots of toppings, no artificial flavors, and preservative-free.
Movie Night Snack Ideas
If you know anything about Digiorno pizzas, they are super simple to make. The new thin versions called DiGiorno pizzeria! Thin pizzas are no exception. Just remove them from the box, follow the easy instructions on the back.
They cook right on your oven rack for the best results. There’s NO need for fancy pizza stones or pans which I love. Should I thaw frozen pizza before baking? Nope, it is meant to go from freezer into your preheated oven.
- You can bake it in the oven like you see here
- Make semi-homemade air fryer pizza with a simple dough and toppings
- OR throw in a few small air fryer frozen pizzas so everyone gets their own
Ideas for Movie Night
To make things fun we cut up everything into bite size pieces!! We start with the pizza, then rinse it off and use it to cut up a bit of fruit and a treat for our side dishes. 😉
- So much easier to use a pizza cutter to slice almost any food into bite size pieces than fooling with knives.
Wahhhlaaaaa, dinner is served!! We serve it picnic style using an inexpensive tablecloth that wipes off as our “picnic blanket”. We lay in front of the T.V. which makes it easier to catch any crumbs. If there is an oopsy there’s no reason to get upset.
If you want to print this out and work through it over the next few weekends you can do just that. Here is the movie night ideas at home list that you could even add more to on the back.
Family Movie Night
This is all about FUN and family remember. 😉 I found little fork style toothpicks quite a while back and keep them in my cupboard for family movie nights. Everything is more fun when it’s tiny right??!!
- Everyone gets a mini fork, and we decided on a side of cut up watermelon and some licorice tonight. Now it was time to pretty up before the movie began.
Sometimes we play a quick game, but this night we did pedicures…..every girl loves pretty toes! This gave us an opportunity to talk about what movie we would like to watch that night.
Good movies for movie night with family
We typically choose a movie we already own (but haven’t seen in a while), something I saw on a movie channel and taped. Occasionally we will spend a few dollars and rent something newer that is available on cable. Even if we choose that route it is always less than ten dollars. A few faves have been;
- “Toy Story” (1995) – A heartwarming story about the secret lives of toys and the bond between Woody and Buzz Lightyear.
- “Finding Nemo” (2003) – An adventurous and visually stunning Pixar film about a clownfish named Marlin searching for his son, Nemo.
- “The Lion King” (1994) – An animated Disney classic that follows the journey of Simba, a young lion prince, as he learns about responsibility and courage.
- “Frozen” (2013) – A musical tale of two sisters, Elsa and Anna, and their journey to save their kingdom from eternal winter. Catchy songs and lovable characters make this a hit with kids.
- “Moana” (2016) – Join Moana, a spirited teenager, as she sets sail on a daring adventure to save her people and discover her own identity.
- “Zootopia” (2016) – A clever and funny animated film set in a world of anthropomorphic animals, where a rookie bunny cop teams up with a sly fox to uncover a conspiracy.
- “The Incredibles” (2004) – Follow the incredible Parr family, a clan of superheroes who must save the world while dealing with everyday family dynamics.
- “Harry Potter” series (2001-2011) – If your kids are a bit older, the magical journey of Harry Potter and his friends at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry can provide hours of entertainment.
- “Despicable Me” (2010) – Meet Gru, a supervillain with a heart of gold, and his mischievous Minions in this animated comedy.
- “Mary Poppins” (1964) – Step into the world of Mary Poppins, a magical nanny who brings joy and adventure to the lives of the Banks family.
Remember to consider the age and preferences of your family members when selecting movies. These films should provide a good starting point, but there are many more options available depending on your family’s interests. Enjoy your movie night!
Now it was time for your own family movie night ideas beyond the ones we shared here! As you can see, Daddy got overruled and a fairy movie it was that night! It was a great evening together, great food was made thanks to
What do your family movie nights look like??