This fruity mojito drink recipe is perfect for a party drink or if you just want a refreshing sip of something sweet right at home. We love it with berries!
This mojito drink recipe is super versatile! Use fresh or frozen fruit, or just make them the traditional style and it’s great either way. We featured this in our summer cocktail recipe roundup and it was really popular!
What does a mojito taste like?
Typically, it’s made with fresh mint muddled with lime juice, sugar, and rum! Add ice and soda water to make a tall drink that is a bit tart, with a punch from the rum.
Ours has even more with strawberries and blueberries. Change it up and see which way you like them best. 😉
What do you mean by muddle?
If you have never heard of this term, don’t be scared. It is easy peasy. It just means to mix up, crush or jumble the ingredients into a drink so the flavors become more intense. Smashing would be a similar term I suppose.
- You can grab a muddle here if you don’t have one already at home.
How do you muddle properly?
- Choose a mason jar or highball glass that is sturdy. You can choose to use a cocktail shaker too if you prefer.
- If you choose a thiner glass, it may break or chip the glass.
- Muddle the mint leaves in the bottom. Add sugar, fruit, or whatever else and gently mash them together so pieces become smaller and some juices emerge.
This mojito recipe is probably one of our favorite baby shower drinks to serve because it’s sweet and so pretty.
- White rum
- Fresh mint
- Want a keto mojito? Use this sugar free simple syrup instead
- Sparkling water
- Fresh lime
- Freshly squeezed lime wedge to gently press on to the side is a nice tough
Additional ingredients we used were:
- could use fresh or frozen, whatever is available
It’s the perfect rum cocktail served over ice for all of your guests. An easy way to create a refreshing drink for yourself or during a pool party.
This is how you should create each one so it has the most flavor possible. Choose the glasses you are going to use.
If you want thinner glasses to serve them in, then make them in a cocktail shaker and fill the glass when it’s done.
- Muddle half of mint leaves and fruit leaving some larger pieces.
- Pour in sugar, ice and rum and then stir.
- Top off with club soda.
- Garnish with larger fruit and mint pieces.
- Squeeze some fresh lime juice on top.
- Can add slice of lime on side too.
For this version, just omit the alcohol and use lemon lime soda or ginger ale instead.
Sounds delicious right?? It doesn’t have to be hot, at a pool party to enjoy this though. Try this sparkling refresher any time of the year really. Most of the ingredients you’ll need may already be at home right now.
Looking for other cocktail recipes?
- Try our cranberry Moscow mule drink
- Or a traditional Moscow mule drink is amazing
- You could make our watermelon juice recipe with a little rum or vodka in it
- My favorite treat is this pineapple cocktail made with coconut rum or rum lime juice!
Our party punch is a mocktail but always a hit with everyone too!
Mojito Drink Recipe
- Add fruit and half of your mint leaves to cup or glass and muddle to extract some juice but still leave some larger pieces. Put this into your serving glass.
- Add your sugar, ice, and then your rum (or ginger ale). Stir so everything is mixed well.
- Top off with sparkling water or lemon lime soda. Top with additional whole pieces of fruit, squeeze of lime, and rest of fresh mint leaves for garnish.