Keeping allergies at bay from a Mom who has kids with allergies and is allergic to animals herself. 5 helpful tips to tone down the sneezing and help them feeling great inside the home and when you’re on vacation too.
Every time the seasons or weather changes my daughter has suffered bad allergies, and all the yuck that comes with that. 🙁 For years we searched to find natural ways for keeping allergies at bay, and now have several things we do that has helped her tremendously…..let me share them with you! Special thanks goes out to Holmes® Smart Air Purifier who sponsored this post. (originally published 6/15)
Several of us in my family of 5 have suffered from bad allergies. Unfortunately the one who got it the worst was my middle daughter, poor thing.
Here are 5 things we do for keeping allergies at bay at our home, I hope they help you as well:
- We have an air purifier in every bedroom. The Holmes® Smart Air Purifier you see here runs day & night to improve the air quality. The HEPA filters have helped tremendously!!
- Washing hands with soap & water immediately after returning from school…enough said.
- Rinse nose with saline spray or neti pot as soon as symptoms arise. This help to naturally flush the bothersome allergens away and has prevented or shortened the duration of symptoms. This sinus rinse is what we use.
- Making homemade vapor rub using essential oils has helped especially at night.
- Eat healthy and lots of greens. We all know this but could probably improve.
- Change clothes when we return home, especially during high pollen days. Makes sense right?
Let me tell you another reason why we love our Air Purifier, their new WEMO technology means you can control it on your phone!!
Other than making my techie husband thrilled, WEMO is great because if we are away we can turn it on or up before we even return home!
- There are even programmable options so when the kids are at school it can remain on low, but once evening time arises it will turn up to high. If air quality becomes poor it will wirelessly notify you on your phone so you can make adjustments accordingly, we love that!
Keeping allergies at bay is so important when you have children who suffer from allergies because you want them to feel healthy inside the home and out.
We all know allergens are all over the place when you’re out and about, but many times you don’t think about the fact that many lurk right inside your home…let’s get them feeling well inside and out!
The Holmes® Smart Air Purifier comes with 2 HEPA Allergen-Remover filters & removes up to 99.97% of airborne allergens and pet dander too (which helps me since I am the only 1 in the house who is allergic to all animals)!
If you have allergy sufferers at your home I highly suggest adding this to your bedrooms, it has made a world of difference for my daughter & all of us in this family. 😉