Essentials oils 101 tips for beginners and skeptics like I was at the beginning. Where to go to try a few at a reasonable price and which ones are best.
I was a skeptic when it came to essential oils. All my friends raved about them though, so curiosity got the best of me. I really needed an how to use essential oils tutorial for dummies kind of company to let me try a few and guide me thru what to use. If you too are curious and need a few essential oils 101 tips here are my thoughts! Sponsored by Simply Earth. 😉 (originally published 10/16)
I’m sure you use olive oil daily in the kitchen, but oil on your body?Diffusers, sprays, scents, it all confused me. I’ve heard that there were some natural holistic properties to essential oils so like I said I was curious.
Not wanting to invest a bunch of money just to try them out and wanted a variety of things to see what I liked.
First I tried this set first because they told me on the side of each bottle what it was supposed to be used for. This was a bit of guidance I needed as a beginner. It was also the variety I was interested in and I enjoyed them.
Essential oils for beginners
- There are several ways you can use essential oils
- Directly on the skin
- Aromatherapy massage
- Inhaling them
- Using a diffuser
- Use in a bath
- Steam inhalation – like we did here except you’d add a few drops of essential oils instead of vapor rub
I also used them to make diy cleaning wipes which worked great and saves me a ton of $
If you’re a beginner I would suggest #1 and #4 first and see how you like it. (I enjoyed on my wrist using a happy roller ball version)
- Then….if you really enjoy it you will save money by purchasing sets or a subscription:
- Many companies make it easy and some offer a subscriptions like Simply Earth – each month they sent different themes with 6-7 essential oil recipes and all the items you need to make them. NO more wondering and being confused of which goes with what to create just what you want.
- It’s affordable – You get 5 oils plus extras that normally would cost over $200 but it’s only $39 for each delivery.
- Products are pure – each one of their oils are 100% pure with no additives or fillers, just pure plant “goodness”.
- It’s informative – Each box contains cards to create things beyond different scents.
This one had recipes for a diy scented ornament, Christmas air freshener, recipe for a happy joy essential oil, as well as another Christmas scent (perfect for the holidays).
- It’s all natural – Each monthly theme includes eo cleaning recipes, beauty, and bath recipes. Could quite possibly get rid of your chemical cleaning products!
When I signed up initially this is what I got in my first box. A small spray bottle and a mason jar came with it too to create a few of the recipes they included.
I will say I loved the scent of the Frankincense and the Happy Joy oil blend. They smell wonderful and is now kept on my desk to amp my mood during the day. 😉
- The peppermint and eucalyptus worked great to make our homemade vapor rub too!
I never thought about scents changing a persons mood but I must say I love it.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉