Essentials oils 101 tips for beginners and skeptics like I was at the beginning. Where to go to try a few at a reasonable price and which ones are best.
Ok so I was a skeptic when it came to essential oils. All my friends raved about them though, so curiosity got the best of me and I had to try it. I really needed an how to use essential oils tutorial for dummies kind of company to let me try a few and guide me thru what to use, and what each one was good for. If you too are curious and need a few essential oils 101 tips here are my thoughts! Special thanks goes out to Simply Earth for allowing me to try their service so I could share my findings with you. 😉 (originally published 10/16)
Diffusers, sprays, scents….it all confused me a bit BUT I did hear that there were some natural holistic properties to essential oils so like I said I was curious.
I didn’t want to invest a bunch of money just to try them out and wanted a variety of things to see what I liked.
I tried this set first because they told me on the side of each bottle what it was supposed to be used for which was a bit of guidance I needed as a beginner. It was also the variety I was interested in and I enjoyed them….the essential oil novice.
How to use essential oils 101 for beginners!
- There are several ways you can use essential oils
- If you’re a beginner I would suggest #1 and #4 first and see how you like it. (I enjoyed on my wrist using a happy roller ball version)
- Then….if you really enjoy it you will save money by purchasing sets or a subscription:
- Many companies make it easy and some offer a subscriptions like Simply Earth – each month they sent different themes with 6-7 essential oil recipes and all the items you need to make them. NO more wondering and being confused of which goes with what to create just what you want.
- It’s affordable – You get 5 oils plus extras that normally would cost over $200 but it’s only $39 for each delivery.
- Products are pure – each one of their oils are 100% pure with no additives or fillers, just pure plant “goodness”.
- It’s informative – Each box contains cards (as you see above) to create things beyond different scents. This one had recipes for a diy scented ornament, Christmas air freshner, recipe for a happy joy essential oil as they called it, a Christmas tree blend as well as another Christmas scent (perfect for the holidays).
- It’s all natural – each monthly theme includes eo cleaning recipes, beauty, and bath recipes….could quite possibly get rid of your chemical cleaning products!
- You can sign up for a subscription here.
When I signed up initially this is what I got in my first box, plus a small spray bottle and mason jar to create a few of the recipes they included.
I will say I loved the scent of the Frankincense and the Happy Joy oil blend smells wonderful and is now kept on my desk to amp my mood during the day. 😉
- The peppermint and eucalyptus worked great to make our homemade vapor rub too!
I never thought about scents changing a persons mood but I must say I love it.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉