Here are a bunch of easy art and craft ideas for kids using items around the house. Lots of inexpensive and simple art projects for kids to choose from and easy enough for toddlers to do but just as fun for teenagers to do them too. If you’re looking for cheap 5 minute crafts here are the ones my kids love.
I love simple art and craft ideas for kids. I like using what we already have at home to keep them busy during school holidays and on the weekends….here are a few my kids have enjoyed that are easy to do and a tip for easy cleanup too. 😉 Special thanks goes out to Goo GONE® for sponsoring this post. (originally published 9/16)
I have three kids, and I’m
cheap…I mean frugal, so using items around the house to create a fun art project is just my style. Art is all about creativity, thinking outside of the box, and not worrying about the mess.
The more careful kids need to be the less fun it is, so as much as I’d love all the glue and paint to stay on the paper, it just never does. I gave up that battle long ago.
- Here is one easy art project my kids enjoy doing. It involves just glue, watercolors, a piece of paper, and this for easy clean up…easy enough!
- Start by “drawing” a picture with your glue. Depending on your child’s age they can do this part themselves or if they are toddlers do it ahead of time so when you give it to them the glue is already dry (patience isn’t great at that age).
- Let it dry for a few hours and then it’s time to paint! The dried glue will create a sort of picture for them to follow as well as creating a picture itself once it’s fully dried.
- Painting over the dried glue is fine as it will maintain the design once the paint dries.
- Now for cleaning up the mess…you may have a bit more of one if they “draw” with glue themselves, but no worries with GOO GONE®.
Here’s a quick rundown of how it’s done, and another easy art and craft ideas for kids below too.
No more rubbing and scrubbing the sticky tacky messes, this works amazingly well! My husband even used this to get gum off the side of his car and it came off in just seconds.
With three kids and every day life messes we’ve used GOO GONE® time and time again.
Here are some more easy art and craft ideas for kids that are fun and now that you know how to make cleanup easier you should try a few of these soon!
After trying this easy and cheap craft for kids above, give these a whirl too! We have a lot of activities to do with kids for under $10 on our site that you can choose from.
Vocusing on art there are a few below that your little one should love…and won’t break the bank.
- More watercolor painting ideas
- Fishing scene art project
- Salt and glue painting
- Art themed birthday party
- Easy Thanksgiving crafts
- Handprint bat craft
Our cinnamon ornament recipe is fun to do with just 2 ingredients:
- Rainbow weaving
- Shaving cream puffy paint
- Salt and watercolor painting craft
- Suncatcher craft and another heart suncatcher
- Lorax finger puppet craft
- Planet Earth craft
- Salt painting
- Cereal crafts
- Flower craft
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
Thursday 8th of September 2016
Oh I need this for my home and my classroom! I love doing art with the kids but ugh the mess!
Tuesday 6th of September 2016
love this girl!
Tuesday 6th of September 2016
This is a great idea. It looks really pretty and it is fantastic fine motor practice.