Why we love Legoland California Waterpark and the new slides they are going to open soon! Great water park for young and older kids too in Carlsbad.
We were invited to Legoland California waterpark this week to see what new slides they were working on. They were also generously donating $80,000 to help the Los Angeles and San Diego chapters of Ronald McDonald House Charities. Sponsored visit. (originally published 5/17)
My girls and I went and enjoyed the weather, play areas, and slides they love. They not only had fun but met a few new friends too! If you’re looking for things to do with kids in Southern California, this is it!
Waterpark at Legoland
Here’s why you should visit Legoland California waterpark:
- In their new Surfers’ Cove kids will be able to race their friends at Riptide Racers timed water slides
- You can enjoy an awesome splash-ground at Wipeout Lagoon
- Sit and enjoy the new and delicious Beach Street Tacos (which had the most amazing pork tacos I’ve ever eaten)!
- Riptide Racers is a competitive water raceway designed for children to jump on a mat and race down one of six slides.
- Each slide stands 17 feet high and is more than 100 feet in length.
- Wipeout Lagoon will be a “spray ground” with multiple water jets splashing on and off with plenty of new LEGO® models
- Check out the surfing dog to cool off this summer in Carlsbad.
Water Park at Legoland
If you have little ones there are plenty of shallow areas and smaller slides for them. Bigger ones can enjoy longer slides at Legoland California waterpark.
Of course the surprise splash area centered in the park is always fun for all ages. There are many shaded areas where parents can sit and cool off.
Of course inside the park there are tons of fun activities. Take a look at our last visit there for the Legoland Batman event. Whether you live in Southern California or you are coming here on vacation it is a great day to spend together with fun for everyone.