Pressure Cooker Sausage Rice Casserole
Oh my is this pressure cooker sausage rice casserole packed with flavor! All cooked in one pot it's easy and tasty with hatch chiles and much more!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 lb pork sausage ground, regular or spicy version is great
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2 tbsp hatch chile I used roasted - skin, seeds and membrane removed, then diced - I used the mildest version, can use as much as you'd like depending on your heat level preferences (could dice them fresh if you don't have the means to roast them too, they will soften in the IP)
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1/4 c broth chicken or vegetable
- 1 c rice white, uncooked
- 1/2 bell pepper diced, optional
- 1 green onion diced, optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Set your pressure cooker to saute, add your olive oil and sausage. Break up into smaller pieces and cook for about 3 minutes.
Add your diced onion and bell pepper if you choose to add them as well (can add chiles now or later). Cook until sausage is no longer pink.
Turn your pressure cooker off, cancel button (important step to avoid the burn message showing up later).
In a bowl whisk together your broth and cream of mushroom soup so it is pretty smooth.
Leave ground sausage mixture in and spread out evenly on the bottom of your pot.
Then pour your soup/broth mixture on top of that, do not stir!
Add your diced celery and hatch chiles, then sprinkle your uncooked rice on the very top and just gently push down so rice is submerged in liquid. DO NOT Stir.
Close your lid and steam valve and set to pressure low for 10 minutes.(If you do not have a low option just hit your rice button.)
Do a quick release and then quickly lift the lid off so condensation on inside of lid doesn't fall into the casserole.
Stir just slightly and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes to naturally thicken.
Serve and top with diced green onions or chives on the top!
Serving: 3oz | Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 1285mg | Potassium: 355mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 13.2% | Vitamin C: 19.1% | Calcium: 2.5% | Iron: 8.2%