This Pickford stuffing is the MOST amazing sausage stuffing recipe you will ever make! It's so good we make it at Thanksgiving, Easter, and year round! Super easy.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1/4 c butter
- 1 1/2 c celery chopped
- 1 1/2 c yellow onion diced
- 1 1/2 c baby bella mushrooms cut into 4ths
- 1 pkg. sausage Jimmy Dean regular or hot, 16 oz.
- 2 1/2 c chicken broth may need extra 1/4 c. at end depending on how moist you like it
- 1 pkg herb stuffing Pepperidge Farm , don't substitute for any other brand or style, 14 oz.
Cook your sausage in a pan and set aside.
In a large pot melt your butter. Add onions and celery, cook for about 3 minutes or until slightly softened.
Add mushrooms, cook for another 2 or so minutes.
Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Add cooked sausage and stir. Bring to a slight boil again and then add bag of stuffing, turn heat off and stir together to fluff.
If you want it a bit moister add more chicken broth, usually only another 1/4 c. is necessary. Let it rest for about 5 minutes and serve!
Serving: 3oz | Calories: 58kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 269mg | Potassium: 169mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.2mg