Instant Pot Potato Cheese Soup
The best Instant Pot potato cheese soup recipe you can load up with lots of toppings and cooks quickly in your pressure cooker! Great soup you can make year round and full of flavor.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 3 tbsp bacon bits optional
- 1/4 onion diced
- 6 potatoes diced small, skins removed, or most of them, yukon gold are softer than others for this, or can use russet
- 1.5 c cheddar cheese shredded, I like sharp
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1 tbsp chives for garnish
- 1 c celery diced
- 6 c chicken broth more or less depending on how thick you want it
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 c carrots shredded or finely diced, optional
Add all onion, potatoes, celery, salt, carrot, garlic powder and broth to your pot. (add bacon bits if desired now too) Stir together
Put lid on and close steam valve. Press pressure high for 8 minutes.
When you hear the beep do a quick release.Carefully remove the lid and stir.
Add 1 1/2 cup of cheese, and heavy cream and stir until cheese has melted. It will thicken more as it sits.
If you want it a bit thicker turn pot to saute. Whisk together 3 tbsp of water or heavy cream together with 1 or 2 tbsp cornstarch until smooth, add into pot, stir, and allow to bubble and thicken more.Serve in a bowl garnished with extra cheese and parsley
Serving: 6oz | Calories: 490kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 1840mg | Potassium: 1439mg | Fiber: 6g | Vitamin A: 1155IU | Vitamin C: 50.6mg | Calcium: 377mg | Iron: 9.2mg