Instant Pot Chili
Easy Instant Pot chili recipe that can be made quickly in your pressure cooker or cook it a bit longer for softer beans. Either way it's a hearty dinner that can be spiced up or left plain.
- 1 lb ground beef 1/2 lb. spicy ground sausage + 1/2 lb. regular ground sausage is best if you like a ton of flavor and a bit of heat
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz, we prefer petite diced
- 1 can kidney beans 15 oz.
- 1 small can tomato sauce 8 oz.
- 1 packet chili seasoning or use 1 tsp Lawry's seasoning salt + 1 tbsp. dry minced onions + 1 tsp garlic salt + 1/4 - 1/2 tsp chili powder instead
- 1/2 bell pepper diced, optional
- 1 onion diced, optional
Set instant pot to saute add a few tbsp of olive oil and brown meat, add onions and bell peppers if desired. Cook until onions soften a bit. Drain if desired, I do not drain.
Empty cans of beans, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes on top (do not drain cans before adding).. Add packet of chili seasoning and stir everything together.
Set it to manual, pressure, high for 10 minutes. Do a natural release for 5 minutes followed by a quick release of steam.
Done! Serve by itself with cheese on top or on top of rice or potatoes.
Serving: 3oz | Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 653mg | Potassium: 756mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 963IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 3mg