Instant Pot Chili
Easy Instant Pot chili recipe that can be made quickly in your pressure cooker or cook it a bit longer for softer beans. Either way it's a hearty dinner that can be spiced up or left plain.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 1 lb ground beef 1/2 lb. spicy ground sausage + 1/2 lb. regular ground sausage is best if you like a ton of flavor and a bit of heat
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz, we prefer petite diced
- 1 can kidney beans 15 oz.
- 1 small can tomato sauce 8 oz.
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 bell pepper diced, optional
- 2 tsp chili powder can omit or increase depending on spice level desired
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or instead of spices listed you can just add 1 packet of chili seasoning from the store)
- 1/2 c water
- 2 tsp Lawry's salt (omit if using chili seasoning packet from store)
Set instant pot to saute and brown meat, add onions and bell peppers if desired. Cook until onions soften a bit. Drain if desired.
Empty cans of beans, tomato sauce, water and diced tomatoes on top (do not drain cans before adding).. Add seasonings (or packet of chili seasoning from the store - suggested) and stir the top layers gently leaving most of the meat on the bottom (helps to avoid getting burn notification).
If you have a bit of time to let it simmer hit the chili/beans setting and adjust the time to 20 minutes, this will make beans a bit softer.
If you are in a hurry set it to manual, pressure, high for 15 minutes. The beans will be a bit more firm this way but still soft. Do a natural release.
Done! Serve by itself with cheese on top or on top of rice or potatoes.
Serving: 6oz | Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 377mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 660IU | Vitamin C: 19.1mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2.3mg