Instant Pot Cream of Mushroom Rice
Instant Pot cream of mushroom rice is the perfect hearty side dish, or vegetarian meal! With green beans and quartered portobello mushrooms, you'll love it.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time9 mins
- 8 oz mushrooms baby bellas are best so they stay a bit firm, quartered
- 1/2 lb green beans ends cut off, beans cut in half
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can cream of mushroom condensed soup, not low fat
- 2.5 c broth beef or chicken, use water or vegetable broth for vegetarian dish
- 1 c rice long grain white rice, NOT instant, uncooked
- 3/4 c cheese shredded, optional
- 1 c chicken precooked, diced, optional add in
Add quartered mushrooms, prepared green beans as directed above, diced onion, garlic salt and some salt and pepper to taste (I just use a pinch of each).
In a bowl whisk together your can of cream of mushroom soup with your broth or water. Pour this into your pot.
Sprinkle uncooked long grain rice into your pot on top but do NOT stir.
Gently press rice down so it is submerged into the liquid. Put lid on and close steam valve.
Set to high pressure for 9 minutes. Then allow pot to naturally release steam for 2 minutes at end. Release remaining steam and lift lid.
Stir contents and serve, or better yet sprinkle in cheese and stir so that melts. If you want to add precooked diced chicken add that in now, stir and put lid back on for 3-5 minutes so it all heats together.
Serve as a main dish or side dish with a protein.
Serving: 3oz | Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 1355mg | Potassium: 362mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 695IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 1mg