This is a really easy Pressure Cooker lasagna casserole recipe our whole family loves. Cheesy Instant Pot lasagna but in a casserole which makes it much easier to eat! If you love quick dinner ideas that are cheap and family friendly, this lazy lasagna is it!! Ninja Foodi recipe instructions too.
If you love using your Instant Pot and the taste of lasagna, this pressure cooker lasagna casserole is something you will love. We have a lot of easy Instant Pot recipes here on The Typical Mom. Sponsored by Barilla and Galbani. (originally published 11/17, affiliate links present)
This is super cheesy, easier to eat than traditional lasagna, only takes 10 minutes, and has the same great taste you love!
We loved it so much I created a LONG list of Instant Pot casseroles for you to enjoy too!
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
- For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Instant Pot Cheater Lasagna
You could call it that because it’s so much easier than the “traditional method”.
It really does taste just like the traditional dish, we love but made in a much shorter time. And there were no big and slippery noodles that make it difficult for my kiddos to eat. 😉
If you’re looking for a fabulous comfort food your entire family will love, you’ve got to try this!
You literally use the same ingredients you would if you were making lasagna in a pan except for the long flat noodles. That is what makes it so much easier to eat.
Of course you can season it as you wish but I included the measurements of what we used, including traditional marinara sauce, penne pasta (great fork size for the perfect bite), and lots of cheeses (you just can’t have enough cheese in our eyes).
This is what you will need to make this pressure cooker lasagna casserole:
- Pressure cooker – we use our Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi
- If you have an IP I highly suggest getting this non stick pot
- Spaghetti sauce – we chose this one
- Ground beef or Italian sausage – spicy ground sausage is best
Galbani Ricotta cheese – in the refrigerated section at Walmart with the cheeses. Cottage cheese could be substituted
- Mozzarella cheese – we used variety with whole milk but they carry
- Barilla Pasta – we used Penne pasta but they have a variety of shapes to choose from at Walmart
- 2 cups water
Italian seasoning and garlic powder are optional. Add any other spices that are a MUST in your book.
Instant Pot Lasagna
Once where once we added a can of diced tomatoes to make it chunker, and another time without. Either way was great.
- Another time we added about 1/2 of a cup of ricotta cheese into the mix when it was done as well as a dollop on top, that was fabulous too.
The ricotta has a smooth, creamy, rich texture so it’s a perfect addition inside this casserole.
Putting a dollop on top is great too because you can really taste it at it’s finest all alone with some of your lasagna on your spoon as well as the cheese! It is totally up to you, either way is so yummy.
Instant Pot lasagna casserole
Want to make this lasagna casserole another way?
- Easy lasagna casserole made in the oven
- Crockpot lasagna casserole made in your slow cooker
- We have a lot of other Instant Pot pasta recipes too you can enjoy
Want to make Ninja Foodi lasagna casserole?
- Directions and cook times below will apply for any style pressure cooker
- You be using the saute function to brown ground beef
- Pressure button will then be pushed once everything is added, on high pressure
- Follow directions below and enjoy!
Let us know what you think and if you added any other spices to this easy pressure cooker lasagna casserole to make it even better.
You should try our Instant Pot lasagna soup after this that uses many of the same ingredients!
Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna
Pressure Cooker Lasagna Casserole
- 2 c water
- 2 c pasta uncooked, we use Barilla penne pasta
- 1 c ricotta cheese
- 2 c mozzarella cheese we use Galbani with whole milk
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce 24 oz., we use Barilla Traditional
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 lb ground sausage spicy is tastiest, can use ground beef alternatively
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes optional, makes the casserole chunkier
- Set your pressure cooker to saute.
- Add your olive oil, ground sausage or ground beef, and diced onions. Cook until outsides are no longer pink. Drain grease and return the pot to your pressure cooker.
- Turn machine off (important step so burn notification isn’t triggered because it is too hot). Add spices and stir with meat/onions.
- Spread ground beef/sausage mixture out evenly across the bottom of your pot. (it creates a barrier for the noodles so they don’t stick to the bottom)
- Add spaghetti sauce on top of meat, pour your 2 c. water into your spaghetti sauce jar and shake to get remaining sauce out, pour that into your pot on top of your sauce.
- Then pour your uncooked noodles in as the next layer. Do NOT stir! Just gently push down noodles so they are submerged into the liquid.
- Put lid on and set to pressure, high, for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Stir in 1.5 c. mozzarella cheese and allow to melt. Can either stir in ricotta now or just put a dollop on top of each serving.
We are huge cheese lovers at our house so of course you need a large helping of shredded Galbani mozzarella inside this lasagna casserole but more on top too!
It is easy to shred and great at melting soon after sprinkling a bit on the top.