101 + Easy Instant Pot recipes that are simple and delicious! Simple dinner, soup, side dish and vegetable recipes we’ve made in our pressure cooker. Whether you’re new or an expert we’ve got something new to try that speeds up cooking, you can even make dessert!
I am all about easy Instant Pot recipes! I love my crockpot but when the Instant Pot came out I was all over it!! Now I am busy creating new and easy pressure cooker recipes for us and you to enjoy in this fantastic kitchen appliance that has 7 appliances in one! Of course many of these recipes you can make in a traditional pressure cooker as well but this device has more functions than that. I will continue to add more and more as I make them so check back often and we hope you enjoy these as much as we have. (originally published 10/17)
How can you save this page so you can refer back to it easily and find easy Instant Pot recipe ideas??
- You can save this list of recipes by saving it as an Instant Pot recipes APP on your phone, here’s how:
- You’re already here so if you are on your smartphone you are already set
- Now if you’re on an iPhone (that is what I have) look at the bottom of your screen and touch the square button with the arrow up in the middle of it
- Then a bunch of choices will pop up, scroll to the right and to the right of the copy button it will say Add to Home Screen, push that (graphic below)
- Click add on the top right and you’re done!! (you can change the name of it too where the curser is flashing if you want, otherwise it will say 101 Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- Then look on your home screen(s) and your new free Instant Pot APP will be there so you can just click on it whenever you need a pressure cooker recipe!!
- We will continue to add to this post weekly so make sure to PIN THIS PAGE and BOOKMARK IT on your desktop for future reference.
This fancy multi cooker has helped me make many of these recipes below, here are my Instant Pot accessories must haves!
- My new Pioneer Woman Instant Pot – SO Cute!
- I wouldn’t be without my Instant Pot Steamer basket
- 7″ springform cake pan – I use this for cakes and some savory recipes
- Angel food cake pan that fits inside a 6 or 8 qt. IP, if that is out of stock this 8″ pan will fit in an 8 qt.
- 6 c. bundt pan that fits into a 6 or 8 qt. IP is perfect for cakes as well as side dishes like my corn casserole
- I just bought these Instant Pot mini mitts that have come in handy to get things out easier
- If you’re looking for an IP decal these are super cute!
- And to add some “oh that’s so cute!” to your countertop you can find adorable custom Instant Pot covers here
If you’re new here’s a How to use an Instant Pot for beginners post + a video explaining the buttons is below**
If you’re new you’ll also want to see how to avoid the notification of burn on Instant Pot machines…sometimes it isn’t burning at all, and instructions on how to deglaze your Instant Pot are here too!
- Lots of other tips will come to you too like like this handy free printable for Printable Instant Pot cooking times and how to cook pressure cooker frozen chicken wings as well as the directions for frozen chicken in the Instant Pot.
Both can come in really handy when you don’t have any fresh meat in the house (or don’t want to go to the store).
If you’re new and need a bit of help getting started here is a video explanation of the buttons on your Instant Pot!
I don’t have a lot of “extras” for my multi cooker programmable pressure cooker but I share my favorite Instant Pot accessories here, and above.
Here are a few of our favorite easy Instant Pot recipe ideas + a video above showing how we made them (links to directions below)!
I will start with our most popular Instant Pot recipes!
- Top 10 Instant Pot recipes for 2018 are here
- Easy Instant Pot stuffed peppers
- Instant Pot crack chicken casserole
- Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole
- Spicy honey Instant Pot chicken
- Pressure Cooker chicken and rice
- Instant Pot angel food cake
- Instant Pot potato corn chowder
- Instant Pot split pea soup
- Pressure cooker sausage rice casserole
- Instant Pot sesame chicken
Of course we have a lot but I have received the most compliments, notes, and “ooooh”s from the recipes below. Don’t stop there though!
- Instant Pot rice pudding recipe
- Instant Pot spaghetti
- Pressure cooker lasagna casserole
- Easy Instant Pot butter chicken
- Cheesy Instant Pot goulash
- Instant Pot taco casserole
- Instant Pot chili
- Instant Pot popcorn
- Instant Pot chili mac recipe
- Instant Pot apple crisp
- Pressure cooker beer can chicken
From here I’ll separate the recipes into breakfast, main dishes and pressure cooker desserts.
If you’re looking for healthy Instant Pot recipes we have you covered with our bean soup you see here below + many others, and our pressure cooker minestrone is amazing too!
Here are a few Instant Pot breakfast recipes to get you started at the beginning of the day, most have step by step videos included within the post so you can see exactly how I make it.
Pressure Cooker Breakfast Recipes
- Pressure cooker breakfast bundt cake
- Pressure cooker egg bites are like a copycat Starbucks sous vide eggs recipe, so good
- Pressure cooker breakfast quinoa is amazing topped with fresh fruit
- Instant Pot pancake bites you can make gluten free, protein packed or tradional
- Caramel apple pecan Instant Pot coffee cake
- Instant Pot breakfast casserole
- Instant Pot oatmeal
- Pressure cooker applesauce
- Pressure cooker jam can be made with any fruit and put on toast or on top of pancakes!
- Pressure Cooker banana bread
- Pressure cooker pumpkin – then make our Instant Pot pumpkin butter
- How to make Instant Pot hard boiled eggs in bulk
- Instant Pot pumpkin apple cake
- How to make the perfect quinoa in your Instant Pot – top with honey and fruit for a great breakfast
- Instant Pot grits
- Instant Pot caramel apple monkey bread
- Instant Pot yogurt
Once you’ve tried a few of these we will go on to share some Instant Pot side dishes so if you have a get together or a chicken in the oven and need some potatoes or vegetables cooked fast you’ll know how to make those too.
I was brand new to using dry beans in the Instant Pot until I made a few of the recipes above as you see. I just used the Instant Pot cooking times for beans and I was amazed at just how easy it was. Now I use dry beans in my pressure cooker if at all possible because homemade that way has never been easier!
Instant Pot sausage recipes are always a hit! Whether you have ground spicy sausage, regular, or links these are super yummy and of course easy.
If it’s holiday time check out our Christmas and Instant Pot Thanksgiving recipes.
- Now if you’re in a real hurry (me usually) I made a list of easy 3 ingredient Instant Pot recipes for those hectic days or when you want something really inexpensive for dinner. You wouldn’t think that just a few ingredients could make a delicious and healthy meal but many can and are our favorite go to meals during the week!
I have yet to use this as a yogurt maker but that is my next quest, I’ve heard it is easy and comes out really delicious. I am always adding new breakfast and dinner recipes each week so keep this post handy when you need a few new ideas!
Instant Pot Side Dishes
- No soak Instant Pot baked beans
- Instant Pot brussel sprouts with bacon
- Cheesy Instant Pot cauliflower is seriously amazing, I’ve eaten it as a main low carb dinner too
- Pressure cooker baked potatoes
- Instant Pot corn casserole recipe
- Instant Pot cheesy bacon ranch potatoes
- Instant Pot beer bread is an amazing side dish or appetizer with our pressure cooker cheese fondue
- Instant Pot white rice – basic recipe for cooked rice but is much easier than the stovetop method, something we use several times a week!
- Pressure cooker cornbread
- Instant Pot stuffing is a perfect side dish for Thanksgiving
- Instant Pot spinach
- Instant Pot corn – how to cook frozen corn on the cob, fresh, or kernels
- Instant Pot cranberry sauce is a must during the holidays
- Instant Pot scalloped potatoes are a must for Christmas dinner too
- Easy Instant Pot artichokes
- Pressure cooker fried cabbage with bacon of course
- Instant Pot sweet potato casserole
- How to cook spaghetti squash fast in your Instant Pot, then make spaghetti squash pasta
- Instant Pot potatoes with Italian herb seasoning
- Instant Pot potato salad
- Instant Pot cocktail wiener recipe
- Instant Pot cauliflower mash
- Pressure cooker mashed potatoes
- Instant Pot Dr Pepper barbecue meatballs
- Instant Pot green bean casserole
Above are the links to the recipes you saw in the video shown. Of course there are many more easy Instant Pot recipes we love and have created over the course of the past year or more but they are great to try if you’re in search of a good pressure cooker dinner the whole family will love, or ready to try to make dessert in your Instant Pot!
Now if you are ready to go full force and use it daily I have a free printable menu full of 30 simple Instant Pot recipes so you can cook something new every day! Just print it out, put it on the fridge, and each day come back to this page to grab the recipe you need for that day, they are all listed here and will be updated with new electric pressure cooker recipes each week too.
- My Instant Pot spaghetti recipe was the first one I created and is usually what people start with since it is a classic dish and so easy to do….I would suggest starting with that one if you are a newbie or are needing a really quick, easy, and cheap dinner that will fill all of you up. Then you can graduate to other things using a few accessories I recommend up above. Once you make 3-4 things you’ll feel like a pro I promise.
- The next popular is our potato corn chowder, followed by our most popular dessert….our Instant Pot angel food cake. Reminds me of my Grandma every time I make it. 😉There are so many great pressure cooker recipes around and I hope we are able to add to your list of favorites. We have a few great pressure cooker dinners below too, let us know which is your favorite.A pressure cooker is great for college students too! I created this cookbook for college students with some of my easy recipes they can make in their small apartment or dorm room.
Easy Instant Pot Dinner Ideas
- To start here is the best way to cook Instant Pot chicken and an explanation of pressure cooker times for meat as well as a printable
- Here is how to defrost Instant Pot frozen ground beef as well which will help you make a lot of these recipes quickly
- Instant Pot cheeseburger soup is always a favorite
- Instant Pot Hawaiian pulled pork is great to make sliders
- This is the most amazing Instant Pot pulled pork recipe you will ever try, or you may be looking for an easy pressure cooker shredded beef for tacos!
- Instant Pot fish and vegetables
- Pressure cooker meatloaf and potatoes uses the same Instant Pot stackable pans
- Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole
- Pressure cooker Dorito casserole
- Instant Pot ham
- Pressure cooker turkey and here is a recipe for easy turkey pressure cooker gravy too
- Pressure cooker frozen whole chicken is handy when you’ve forgotten to defrost dinner!
- Pressure cooker coconut chicken – this is an easy dairy free Instant Pot recipe
- Easy Instant Pot corned beef and cabbage
- Pressure cooker tuna noodle casserole
- If you want a homemade version this pressure cooker chili with dry beans recipe is the bomb
- Pressure cooker french onion soup
- Instant Pot tomato basil soup is another favorite
- Black eyed peas and ham in the pressure cooker and crockpot instructions
- Frito chili pie recipe made in the Instant Pot in just 3 minutes
- Instant Pot turkey soup is great using leftover turkey or rotisserie chicken
- Pressure cooker frozen meatballs are great little appetizers or a quick main dish
More dinner ideas below……..
Many of your favorite crockpot recipes can now be made in the Instant Pot, just much faster!
We make our 5 ingredient crockpot chili recipe almost weekly and normally it takes 6-8 hours but we made it in here and it was done in 45 minutes or less!
On that one I still prefer a slower cooking to seep in the flavors so I set it on the slow cooker setting but that is done in just 4 which is quicker AND I can skip precooking the beef in it by using the saute function. I love it….and have now created a roundup of easy Instant Pot beef recipes too.
- To start here is the best way to cook Instant Pot chicken and an explanation of pressure cooker times for meat as well as a printable
My Instant Pot butter chicken has been a hit too. I firsts tasted this popular Indian dish when I was in Utah and it was amazing.
I tinkered with it and came up with a version that reminded me of that dinner.
Of course you can incorporate your own spices if you have your own recipe for that but it’s been really popular as is.
- Instant Pot taco meat + 4 other types of easy Instant Pot tacos
- Instant Pot orange chicken recipe
- Instant Pot Hoppin John recipe
- Instant Pot macaroni and cheese
- Meat lovers pressure cooker mac and cheese
- Instant Pot hot dogs
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup
- Pressure cooker sausage soup is packed with tons of flavor.
- Instant Pot lasagna soup
- Instant Pot shredded barbecue chicken
- Pressure cooker cheesy chicken spaghetti
- Instant Pot lasagna soup
- Instant Pot chicken cacciatore
- Easy Instant Pot minestrone soup
- Instant Pot spicy teriyaki chicken thighs
- Instant Pot chicken thighs bone in are great with a creamy sauce on top
- Instant Pot brats
- Easy Homemade Instant Pot Swedish meatballs
- Easy Instant Pot clam chowder
- Instant Pot shrimp
- Instant Pot shrimp alfredo pasta is fabulous too
More pressure cooker dinners below……..
Do you see these ribs below…they are amazing!!
The tenderest ribs I have had in just 25 minutes, I just couldn’t believe it. I am a bit obsessed with ribs so I have high standards and decided to try it on pressure cooker mode once using my favorite homemade teriyaki sauce and just used a smaller rack because I figured if it didn’t turn out I wouldn’t be out a lot and I was amazed at how tender they came out, and full of flavor.
You can either eat right away…we did…or put them under the broiler for just a few minutes to get just a tad of crispiness to the outside, I’ve done that too and it’s fab.
Stuffed peppers has always been a favorite meal of ours too and made in the Instant Pot they were a lot easier I think using one of my favorite vegetable steamer baskets and were of course quicker than in the oven.
Then I moved on to baking in my Instant Pot with this apple pumpkin cake which was amazing (all recipe links mentioned are above).
I have made a few yummy Instant Pot desserts that are below, like monkey bread!! It is ooey and gooey and oh so wonderful…it seriously didn’t last long at all when I made it in my house with my husband and three kids.
My Instant Pot rice pudding is probably the most popular sweet pressure cooker recipes on The Typical Mom, and when you make it you will see why everyone just raves about it. You can also make it dairy free if you need to and use almond milk. If I have to say one of my favorites it is probably the spicy teriyaki chicken thighs recipe below. It is simple, healthy, and really cheap because they usually are almost giving thighs away at the store in the meat department.
- Instant Pot Italian wedding soup
- Instant Pot red beans and rice
- Instant Pot teriyaki ribs recipe
- Instant Pot barley soup is healthy and full of flavor
- Instant Pot Mexican pizza
- 2 ingredient Instant Pot salsa chicken
- How to cook a whole chicken in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot pork stroganoff recipe
- Pressure cooker cabbage soup is a family favorite
- Instant Pot beans and franks
- Instant Pot stuffed cabbage casserole
- Pressure cooker broccoli cheese soup
- Pressure cooker chicken quinoa casserole
- Pressure cooker fried rice
- Instant Pot lemon poppy seed cake
- Instant Pot honey mustard chicken
- Instant Pot stuffed cabbage
- Instant Pot chicken legs
- Instant Pot fettuccine alfredo
- Pressure cooker sausage and peppers is seriously the easiest dinner ever and under $10
- Pressure cooker bean soup is just one in my list of easy and cheap Instant Pot recipes
- Instant Pot sloppy joe casserole
- Instant Pot pinto bean soup
- Pressure cooker ham and beans
- Instant Pot turkey meatloaf
- Pressure cooker beef and broccoli
This year since my crockpot breakfast casserole recipe was so popular I decided to make it in my pressure cooker and it came out really yummy! From brunch to dinner, to dessert the Instant Pot has been a great addition to our family meals.
If you have a favorite crockpot meal you can read here on slow cooker vs Instant Pot how you can convert the times so you can make them faster in your pressure cooker.
There are healthy Instant Pot meals, breakfast ideas, and desserts listed below that we have created and love! We have even made snacks in this pressure cooker like popcorn too that is below. If you are looking for chicken, beef, or pork we have it all here and each one is delicious and easy to make. I do not do difficult my friends. 😉
If you ever do forget about a dish and leave it in for too long, or are experimenting and it doesn’t turn out as planned, look at my tips on how to clean your Instant Pot on the inside and out. (can come in handy).
- Instant Pot chicken and dumplings recipe
- Instant Pot cheeseburger macaroni
- Instant Pot nacho soup
- Instant Pot potato cheese soup
- Instant Pot pulled pork
- Instant Pot pizza pasta
- Instant Pot whole chicken recipe
If you’re new to the pressure cooking and Instant Pot world I would try one of my REALLY easy Instant Pot recipes like the spaghetti or my whole chicken recipe above because they are so easy. All you really need are a few red potatoes, a whole chicken, and the regular seasonings you would put on a chicken when you cook it. It really is a great beginner recipe.
Macaroni and cheese is a family favorite and this easy homemade recipe takes less than 5 minutes to cook and is WAY better than out of the box…and you know exactly what is in it! Add a few sprinkles of bacon on top and oh my goodness is it tasty for kids and me. 😉
In the winter months I’ve been busy creating tons of Instant Pot soups, you can find the links in this list and they are all great but my Instant Pot split pea soup is probably my most popular and super healthy too! A really inexpensive meal with just veggies and broth (or water) and presto, it’s done!
Once you tried a few of my easy Instant Pot recipes and really get the hang of cooking in this fancy pressure cooker you might want to try an Instant Pot recipe that is a bit trickier like cheesecake
It isn’t one I would start with though as if it may discourage you because it’s more complex than others. The first dessert I made was my rice pudding, and then I made pressure cooker brownies (both links are above). It’s a great way to cook during the summertime without heating your whole house up!
Instant Pot Desserts
- Pressure cooker brownies
- Instant Pot dump cake
- Instant Pot cake
- Pressure cooker chocolate lava cake
- Instant Pot tapioca pudding recipe
- Easy Instant Pot cheesecake recipe
- Pressure cooker creme brulee
- Instant Pot chocolate cake with raspberry sauce
- Instant Pot chocolate rice pudding
- Instant Pot pineapple upside down cake
- Instant Pot bananas foster
- Use this pressure cooker apple pie filling recipe and make a ton of Instant Pot desserts!
Here are some Instant Pot roundups that are helpful if you’re looking for a specific type of recipe, and this craft on how to dye Easter eggs in your Instant Pot is fun too.
- Easy Instant Pot chicken recipes
- Instant Pot pasta recipes
- Instant Pot dessert recipes
- Instant Pot ground beef recipes
Here are a few more easy Instant Pot recipes from other bloggers I’ve enjoyed. If you have created other easy Instant Pot recipes you love let me know…I’d love to try it and share it here for others to enjoy too!
Sign up for my newsletter to receive more Instant Pot recipes every week! I am always creating new dishes, from Instant Pot soups, to hearty meals, to breakfasts, and even desserts so each time I publish a new recipe it will be emailed to you as well as posted on my Easy Instant Pot Recipes Facebook page and The Typical Mom page as well. Make sure you like those pages and sign up here so you don’t miss a thing. They are all free to do so why not right??
That ought to start you out well with a bunch of easy Instant Pot recipes for now…and keep you busy for at least a month or two! Like I said I will continue to add to this list each and every time I make new recipes for the Instant Pot, and if you are enticed now you can buy the one I have below!
I really recommend it because it has allowed us to eat as a family more often because meals only take me less than 30 minutes from prep to serving it on the dinner table which is a huge win for us.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉