If you love free like we do this is a great opportunity!! There are tons of local Southern California museums offering free entrance on specific days. There is a schedule of free days here, and some are listed below.
Griffith Observatory is one of our favorites, but there are tons to choose from.
Also…..if you are a Bank of America customer you can get into many local Museums for FREE on the first weekend of every month! Each person who has a B of A card (you and spouse?) gets in FREE…which means you just have to pay for the kids (which is cheaper anyway) for a family trip!
For families I would highly recommend Birch & Discovery Science Ctr, we LOVE them!
There is a full list of free museums for Bank of America customers Here , all who are participating in this great program, but these are the ones close to us here in the Temecula / Murrieta area that might interest you:
1. Birch Aquarium at Scripps – La Jolla
2. Museum of Photographic Arts – San Diego
3. The San Diego Museum of Art – San Diego
4. Discovery Science Center (1st Sun. only) – Santa Ana
5. Riverside Art Museum – Riverside
6. Laguna Art Museum – Laguna Beach