The easiest crockpot chicken cacciatore recipe ever! If you’ve never made this it literally takes 10 min. to prep and my kids love it too over rice! A really healthy slow cooker dinner we make often because it is cheap and only needs a few ingredients which I love when I’m in a hurry to put a meal together.
I love an easy dinner, like the easiest crockpot chicken cacciatore recipe ever. It just takes 10 minutes to prep.! Seriously, it’s so easy and even the kids gobble this one up! It is an inexpensive crockpot meal and quite healthy too incorporating chicken and veggies that cook down and get nice and soft in the process. Perfect over rice. I bet all of you will love this meal too. Here’s how you make one of our favorite crockpot recipes. (originally published 11/16)
Have you ever made a crockpot chicken cacciatore recipe before??
Well my mom used to when I was younger, but from scratch. Ok, so I don’t have time to do the from scratch thing usually during the week. But, I came up with a semi-homemade way using the same ingredients but in a much simpler form. It’s one of the best crockpot chicken recipes.
I’ve also made it in just a few minutes with my Instant Pot chicken cacciatore recipe.
Literally this is all you need. Maybe some rice if you want to serve it over that when it’s done. That is what we do. It doesn’t matter what brand spaghetti sauce you use. Choose whatever (I’m all about what is on sale). Just stay away from meat flavor since that is ground beef based.
I tend to choose garlic or mushroom, and prefer a thicker version but like I said I usually buy what’s on sale. 2 large chicken breasts will do and will feed the 5 of us. I also add mushrooms but I don’t like them mushy so I wait until the last hour to add those (you can omit those if you prefer).
What you’ll need to make this easy Crockpot chicken cacciatore recipe
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Spaghetti sauce – buy whatever jar is on sale really
- Bell pepper – any color, you can use a few different colors too
- Olives – some people like to add them, we usually don’t
If you are busy like we are these quick crockpot meals are lifesavers! I use mine at least once a week if not more and have several sizes.
Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore
- Place chicken breasts (not frozen) on bottom of crockpot.
- Pour jar of spaghetti sauce on top.
- Pour about 3/4 c. water into jar and swish around to get rest of sauce out of jar and pour that into crockpot as well.
- Slice bell pepper, dice onion, and put into crockpot.
- Add minced garlic if you wish. Stir just a bit but keep chicken on bottom and covered with sauce.
- Cook for 5 hrs on low.
- Add mushrooms that have been rinsed and quartered into crockpot, stir slightly cook for an additional hour on low. Can double if you'd like. Serve over rice.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉