These 2 ingredient apple pie monkey bread muffins are amazing! A quick breakfast or dessert that just takes 15 minutes to make. You’ve got to try them!
I must say when I made these apple pie monkey bread muffins as I call them I wasn’t quite sure if they would even turn out. A lot of what I try is an experiment but many times I am pleasantly surprised and may I say these are one of the most delicious things I’ve ever made! (originally published 4/17)
They are SO simple to make with just 2 ingredients and inexpensive too. They’d make a perfect weekend breakfast, dessert, or addition to any brunch too!
Since they are already portioned out they are easier to serve, and have that great apple pie flavor filled with cinnamon that we all love! (affiliate links present)
I say they are not just muffins but monkey bread too because you could easily throw out the forks and just eat with your hands since it pulls apart easily, and are fun to eat!
Here are the 2 things you will need to make apple pie monkey bread muffins
- 1 can apple pie filling (21 oz, could use other flavors) – or make your own apple pie filling
- 2 cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls (you will use the frosting that is included as well)
- 1 muffin pan of course
So easy right?!!
I love simple and something that only needs a few ingredients.
This is a really easy recipe you could whip up when you’ve forgotten you were supposed to bring something, and the ingredients could be kept in your house for a “just in case” dish….or make it a weekend breakfast treat that you know everyone will love but they’ll never know just how easy it is to make. 😉
Looking for more easy monkey bread recipes?
Here’s the printable recipe to follow
Apple Pie Monkey Bread Muffins
- Cut cinnamon rolls into 9 pieces per roll and put into a bowl.
- Empty pie filling into the same bowl. Use a knife to gently cut the larger pieces of apple up into smaller pieces.
- Stir together well.
- Spray a muffin tin well with non stick spray.
- Spoon apple pie monkey bread mixture into muffin tin holes, there will be exactly enough to fill 12 muffin tin holes.
- Move oven rack to lower level and put into oven at 350 for approx 20 minutes (400 degrees for about 14 minutes) or until cinnamon roll pieces have browned.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes so they solidify and stay together in muffin form when taken out to serve!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉